Sunday, February 7, 2010

RSV

RSV.  I really don't know what that stands for but I call it Really Sucky Virus!  I do know that it hit my sweet little Cupcake really hard.  We spent days just trying to manage her breathing with seemingly no progress.  After an ambulance ride on Monday evening when she was is respitory distress, she was admitted to the hospital for 4 days.  Thankfully, she does seem to finally be on the mend.  We still have another couple of weeks of breathing treatments and cough that could persist for another 6 weeks.  She was such a strong little trooper.  Everyone on the Pedi floor thought she was the cutest little thing.  She was definitly the princess.  She smiled at everyone, even the ones who were causing her pain.  I brought her all her own blankets.  I refused to put her in the gown they gave us.  It was brown and orange with tigers on it.  So, she hung out in her pink socks, pink hairbow, and we kept her wrapped in her favorite fuzzy blankets. 







Here's something I learned through this.  I have never really been a germaphob.  For some reason, though, when Anna Kate was born, I was a little creeped out by germs flinging sanitizer like the best of them.  I would make Thomas take off his work clothes as soon as he came home.  I was even picky about who could hold her depending on where they had been and what might be on their clothes.  I was really cautious about germs and practiced lots of handwashing! And, I really didn't take her anywhere, not even to church.  We only went to the essential places and I took the sanitizer with me.  Despite all my efforts to protect this little sweet pea, somehow she still became sick.   I have never ever doubted that God was in control of my life.  However,  no matter what I do to control MY world, I am still NOT in charge.  I'm not saying God made my baby sick. I think you all know that is not the case.  Sickness is just a part of living in this fallen world.  Although I will still try to vigilant about hand washing, I will do my best to just trust God to take care of my babies.  And, He did!  Anna Kate is doing better and will back to normal soon!





No comments: