Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Okay, here's Anna Kate's updates! 
~ Other names she is most often called by:  Sweet Pea, Cupcake, Sugar Pie, and Sugars.  You see a pattern?  She is just so yummy, and we loved to "eat" on her!
~ She is now 5 months old.
 She has to be the best happiest baby I've ever met.  She cries only if she's hungry.  Even when she's sick, she still has a smile. 
~ She weighs 13lbs 11 oz.  I'm not sure what her length was, but she was in the 30th percentile for both.  So, she is smaller than the boys were at this same age, but that's okay.   
~ She is totally recovered from her bout with RSV.  That was pretty scary, but I'm glad to have it behind us.   Just this last week or two has outgrown all the 3 month clothes and is on to the 6mon or larger 3-6 mon size depending on what it is.  She has a skinny tummy so the 6mon pants are a little big, but the sleepers are just perfect.  
~ Sometime while we were in the hospital, Anna Kate quit using her paci and moved on to sucking her thumb.  This is disturbs me greatly.  First, it makes me sad because she LOVED her paci, and we have so many really cute ones!  Second, thumb sucking is just gross to me, especially as she gets older and is moving around and touches things and gets dirty.  The things that could be on her thumb I don't want to think about.  Third, when she pops her thumb in, lots of times, her she pokes herself in the eye with her fingers or scratches her nose.  Lastly, I can take a paci away from her, but obviously I can't remove her thumb.   I also have no support in this matter.  Daddy, Nana, and Mimi all think its so super-de-duper cute and no big deal.  Daddy even helps her figure out how to get her thumb in there.  I am working very hard to get her to take it again.  Im hoping that right now, its a habit of convience, and that when she can manipulate putting her paci in her mouth on her own she'll choose the paci.  One can hope anyway.  
~ She has rolled from her tummy to her back a couple of times on accident, but itsn't fully rolling yet.  She can scoot around in a full circle on her back. 
~ She loves to play toys now and reaches out and grabs them.  Right now her favorite is a little stuffed dolly that her Aunt Ibby gave to her before she was born. She hugs it and rubs her face on it.   
~ She sleeps so good at night, most nights until 6am or so.  She eats and then sleeps again until 9.  I am definitly spoiled!
~ I entered her in a Baby Magazine cover photo contest.  I think she will win.  :)
This getting pretty long so I guess I should stop.  Boys are in the shower and the Cupcake is starting to wake up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..can't beleive she is already 5months old how time flies! I think she will win the contest too! :)