Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Random?

well, I'm just sitting here trying to decide whether or not i should post something. I'm not sure if what I might have to say is worth a blog or not, but I felt like writing, or typing, I guess. Today, I made some stew/soup that I call Stoup. It's super easy to make. I have it in the crock pot so we can eat some for supper. It smells really good.

Nathan heard on the news that it snowed somewhere. He got really excited, thinking there was going to be some snow for him to have a snowball fight with his daddy. I explained to him that they were talking about some where that was not Lubbock. He was completely heart broken. So, "Lord, Please let there be at least one time that it snows enough for Nathan to have a snowball fight with his daddy."

I have been feeling very blessed the last couple of days. I am being constantly reminded about how blessed I truly am. I know of families right now that will have nothing to give their kids for Christmas. I have a friend who is going through a very serious pregnancy. She is a very private person, so I don't want to share her name, so I'll just call her "Sarah". Sarah has a very rare complication with the baby's placenta. It also looks like the baby (a girl) will need to be delivered as early as 27 weeks. She needs God's divine intervention and for Him to work a miracle in her body and in the life of her baby. Sarah's life and the life of her baby are in the hands of God. It's the only place they are truly safe. If she crosses your mind please, please, say a prayer for Sarah. God knows who she is and what she needs. Pray also for her many doctors, that they would make the best possible choices for her and her baby. The best scenario would be that God heals her, and that when she gets her next ultrasound, there is no evidence of a problem. And, no explanation other then God's miraculous healing. Then, Sarah could continue to carry her sweet little blessing to full term and deliver a healthy baby girl with no threat to her own personal health.

Anyone out there in blogging world have any ideas on how I can get my children to pick up their room. They have been in their room for hours now. I've told them they can not come out until there room is picked up. Except of course to go to the bathroom. I'm really not cruel. My children would beg to differ with you though. I'm just kinda clueless. This year for Christmas Thomas and I will not be buying our boys any toys. They are getting some other things, but not toys that have to be cleaned up and put away.

I guess I will close with this last idea and thought. I have heard a couple of times over the last week about women who are wanting to have a baby. Some are having struggles while others are not struggling necessarily, but wanting to become pregnant none the less. Myself included.
Lord, I come to you now, right here on the computer. As we celebrate Christmas, I thank you for Your Son, Jesus, that came to this earth as a baby. I pray for all women who read my blog today that are desiring their own precious baby. I pray for the medical issues to be resolved and the timing to be right. Most importantly, I pray that there be a peace upon the hearts of all the ladies. We know that you grant the desires of the heart and that the desire of a baby comes from You. I ask that we all find ourselves resting in this truth. Lord, I also pray that the time for fulfillment would be soon. Thank you for all the blessings You have bestowed upon all women, those who are mothers already and those who desire to become mothers.
I pray all these things in faith with expectation of receiving from You. In Your name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sydney has just now gotten the hang of cleaning her room. Before, it would take forever or we would have to go direct her. Then, like a couple weeks ago, she figured it out and now only takes a few minutes. I was dumbfounded and I am still trying to pinpoint what happened.Perhaps try sending them in 1 at a time so they dont play together, set the timer then send the other in. What they dont get picked up magically disappears?! I dont know girl, like I said, it was nothing short of a miracle over here.

Jessie said...

thanks kristi, i will definitly try those things. they do play together in there. i will try the one at a time thing.