Wednesday, November 4, 2009

1 Month Already


Everyone starts with that I think. Everyone says it, but it really does go by fast! I almost don't remember what life was like with out her. She has easily slipped into our everyday lives and activites. She has been a major trooper. She hit her first soccer game at 8 days old and hasn't missed one yet. I take her along in the sling and she just snuggles in and falls asleep.

To be honest, I thought going from 2 to 3 kids would be a MAJOR adjustment and I was a little nervous about it. No more tag-teaming the boys with daddy. The kids now outnumber the adults. However, it has been pretty much a breeze. It also helps that she is a super good baby and a really good sleeper. It's been a couple years since we had a little one in our house,but the how-to's came right back.

Nathan and Noah are in love with their baby sister. The adore her more than I ever thought they would. Nathan is so proud and wants to hold her all the time. He thinks he is big enough to carry her around and doesn't want to hold her cradle style, he wants her up over his shoulder so that he can pat her back. Yesterday at his Tuesday school, he wanted to show her to his friends and just reached up and took her from me and wanted to walk around with her all by himself. Noah did pretty good with the adjustment. He was a little extra weepy, but nothing that a little extra rocking and cuddling didn't fix. He cannot stop kissing his baby sister. He loves to give her her paci and likes rubbing the back of her head when I'm feeding her. He's very protective.

Daddy is already has a little soft spot for her. He loves to cuddle with her at night while she's sleeping. He stays up late just rocking her. His comment? "she's a princess, she needs to be spoiled" He's also super awesome about changing diapers for me in the middle of the night, and has never complained once.

Me? I'm having a grand ole time dressing her up and putting bows on her and wrapping her in matching blankets. I put a bow on her everyday whether we are going out or not, even if we just stay home and she stays in a gown all day.

What Anna Kate is up to:

~ She weighs just over 7 pounds.
~ Her eyes have stayed a deep almost navy blue, I love that! All 3 of my kids have
different colored eyes. Nathan's are hazel, and Noah's are chocolate
~ She sleeps long stretches at night. Usually from 10 til 6, then goes back to
sleep til around 9. (told you she was an awesome sleeper)
~ She hates to take a bath, but loves a shower with her mommy. She will roll her
eyes in the back of her head and sigh when I let the water spray her back. She
doesn't care if it sprays in her face, she just closes her eyes.
~ She doesn't like the swing. I'm very sad about this. The swing was a life saver
with the boys. I'm going to keep putting her in it every few days and maybe
she'll get used it
~ She has started smiling a lot and tries really hard to coo.
~ She is getting much better at holding her head up, doing it for a few minutes at
time

Im sure there's lots more things, but that's all I got for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!!