Saturday, July 12, 2008

Naked Boy Wonder

Well, recently we have had a couple of instances involving sweet Noah. He's always been one for being naked at home. At home, I really don't have an issue with this. Doesn't bother me. There's even been times when his Pop comes over, and annouces, "Hi, Noah, you don't have any clothes on." Or, friends have even shown up for LIFE Group and Noah is naked on the bottom half. Recently, he has figured out that he can put his clothes on "his-self," so that means he can take them off "his-self." I guess he just like to practice his new skill.

The first incident happend while we were in San Antonio at the zoo. they have this really cool riverbank area where the boys could play in the water and the sand. we didn't know they had this new feature, so we went there last and let the boys play. We took off their shirts and let them play in their shorts. The sign there said: Get Wet, Get Dirty, but Don't Get Naked. Swim diapers required. that was the only rule. I pulled off Noah's pull-up and told him, no peeing in the water. He's potty-trained for the most part anyway. I was taking pictures of Nathan and Daddy splashing around. When I turned around, Noah was stripping off his shorts. He wanted them off because they were wet. That was only the beginning. . .

Last Sunday, after church, we were at McDonald's with some friends. The kids were playing and the adults were visiting. Then, a lady walked up to our table and said, "is that little boy with the long hair yours?" I said, "yes." She then said, "well, he just took his pants off." Thomas jumped up and sure enough, there he was with all his buisness hanging out for the world see, proudly jumping up and down. all the while, swinging his shorts around in a circle over his head like a lasso and shouting "Whoo-hoo!" I laughed so hard my stomach was hurting.

On to the third incident. Today after the rain, it was so nice outside. Thomas was at work and I took the boys outside to play chalk on the driveway. My mother and I started texting back and forth about some stuff going on with my dad's accident case and trial. I looked up to check on the boys, and there he was half naked again. He was standing there, peeing into our fish pond. "Ahhh," I hollered, "what are you doing?" Of course I knew the answer, but its just one of those questions that comes out. kind of like, "do you want to sit in time-out?" But, that's a completely diffenent subject. Anyway, Noah states very matter of factly, "i needed to go potty." I guess that is kind of our own fault that he peed outside. We camped while we were in San Antonio and all 3 of the boys just went in the grass. Oh, well!

Have any or your guy's kids done stuff like this, or is it just my crazy little boy?
Hopefully, we wont have any more incidents of public indecency in the near future.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I am going to enjoy reading about your boys I can tell! I will just take some notes because I am sure we will experience some streaking of our own!